Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

2007 3500 Steering Problem-AGAIN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 11:19 PM
waltmoe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 3500 Steering Problem-AGAIN!!!

Well it happened again. My 2007 3500 4x4 has developed loose steering and a knock felt in the steering wheel. Approx. 7 months ago this issue occurred and the dealer found a defective steering gear. They installed a new steering gear and the truck drove like new. There was no play or knock felt at all.

Today I suddenly noticed the same problem as before. I called the dealer and they informed me my warranty expired yesterday. So here I am with the same steering problem as before. The dealer said it would be unlikely that Dodge would authorize any repair because my warranty has been expired for one day.

Has anyone else experienced these steering gear box failures? Does anyone know why this seems to be an issue for Dodge? My truck is stock, 28,000 miles and not driven hard at all. I have never had it off road or any road situations that would cause this premature failure.

ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO FIX THIS ISSUES FOR GOOD? I am totally disappointed at the Dealer telling me that Dodge would probably not authorize a repair one day after the warranty being expired. That attitude sure makes it hard to consider another Dodge product. You wonder why American auto manufactures are in the TANK...

Old 03-20-2010, 11:37 PM
dixiedodge7369
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check your paperwork most dealerships have a 12 months 12,000 mile warrenty on parts and labor. no matter if your trucks under warrenty or not. atleast every dealer ive worked for.... you could try and adjust the steering box to take out some play... my 06 has been driven hard and put away wet. fast driving, heavy towing, and even lots of mudding and even jumped the truck from time to time, with 35's and my steering box is tight asthe day i drove off the lot.. ive only replaced balljionts once ... people have a bad veiw of american cars its a shame because there just plain awsome.. my truck is amazing. go find a tundra or any other non american truck to do once what i can do in my truck day in and day out.

Quick Reply: 2007 3500 Steering Problem-AGAIN!!!