Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

dual exhaust on cummins?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 09:16 PM
cajuncummins
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dual exhaust on cummins?

hey all i have a 2009 2500 quad cab 4x4. i recal reading somewhere that you cant put dual exhaust on this truck. when i say dual exhaust i just mean tips coming out either side of the truck not a true dual. anyone know if this is true or not and if u have it could you please post some pics and maybe give an estimate on price? any help is greatly appreciated. i was also considering stacks but i am worried about the reduction of bed space and dont want the ugly y pipe in the bed. does anyone know if that can be put under the bed?

Last edited by cajuncummins; 03-20-2010 at 11:34 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:46 AM
racer9
Veteran

Not sure on an '09, search diesel exhaust systems, there's several companies that make systems, and at least one of them should be able to help you. The problem may be the spare tire and/or the shock mounts.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:24 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

putting the pipe under the bed for stacks could be a challange, i did it on my 75 but the newer trucks have a lot more stuff under the bed, the main problem, the fuel tank is in the way, the cleanest way i found, is to put a piece of 5x5 square tubing across the bed floor, run the pipe up through the center to the bottom of the 5x5, and put the stacks on the top, outer ends, thats what i did in my 98, a lot cleaner than a y-pipe

Old 03-22-2010, 03:24 AM
cajuncummins

thanks for the advice yall i really appreciate it. i like the idea of covering the y with the square tubbing. might have to go that route.

Quick Reply: dual exhaust on cummins?