Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

help removing 5.9 12v inj pump

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 07:04 PM
jmn1960
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy help removing 5.9 12v inj pump

i installed a 3200gsk---stupid me did not pull the lever back when replacing top of pump---needless to say i broke the lever--now i need to remone the inj pump to fix it---got ant pics of removing the inj pump???? got the timing pin in on #1 cyl---do i need to remove all the lines from injectors and line holders- then take them off the pump??? or is there an easier way???
thanks STUPID Mike

Old 04-03-2010, 10:29 PM
pizzo
All Star

To play it safe I am going to say that is the easiest way is to remove the fuel lines of the injectors and the pump.. Sorry I don't have pictures. My guess is that you have a P-7100 injection pump. Not that hard to remove them.
they are preformed to match up to a certain spot on the injection pump for each injector and you can't cross them unless you bend one to fit in the wrong spot. Since they all cross each other if my memory is correct pull 3-4 lines first then the rest will come off and then the rest of the CYLs 3 and 4 injection lines last on reinstall... Plus them old lines may crack if you bend them out of the way to remove the pump. then may have trouble lining them back up on reinstall..
When I remove a injection pump at work I remove all lines... Its easier then having to replace fuel lines because you cracked one.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:32 PM
racer9
Veteran

If it's in the truck in his avatar, it's a VE pump.

Quick Reply: help removing 5.9 12v inj pump