Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Newly installed Edge Juice w/attitude kills my batteries [06 cummins]

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 07:06 PM
zuulmusic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newly installed Edge Juice w/attitude kills my batteries [06 cummins]

I bought a used Edge with attitude and installed it per the instructions. I was surprised when the LCD or backlight did not shut off after shutting the truck off. So I figured it just went to sleep or something. It was fine for a week, but now after not driving it for 2 days my engine wouldn't even turn over.

How do you guys have it installed? I did not have that special jumper-fuse, so I connected it straight to the battery... I'm assuming that's my problem and I need to have it on a circuit thats wired with the engine-RUN circuits...?

Thanks,
Bill

Old 04-07-2010, 07:22 PM
Matt99
Champion

yea maybe you can hook it in with an ignition line or something, like an amp. It shouldnt stay on when the truck is off

Old 04-07-2010, 07:34 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Hooking that led straight to the battery is definately your problem. That is suppose to have a small inline fuse and then be spliced into an ignition source. This way it allows the LED to turn on/off with the key.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:18 PM
pizzo
All Star

its supposed to be hooked into the fuse box... I have looked for those little fuse jumpers in the auto part stores I wasn't able to find them. Only ones they have are for the bigger fuses.. Might want to talk with Edge and see if they can send you some..

Old 04-10-2010, 01:58 PM
zuulmusic

Alright thanks.
Anybody know the best wire I can jump off since I can't jump off that fuse? I could search for an ignition wire and hook it up there (through relay), but then I'm worried the turbo timer feature won't work, since it would power down with the key-off.

Quick Reply: Newly installed Edge Juice w/attitude kills my batteries [06 cummins]