Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

6.7 with 19K+ in fuel damage, please help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010 | 05:21 PM
RTKILLA
|
Default 6.7 with 19K+ in fuel damage, please help!

I own a 2007 6.7 ram and I can honestly say this has to be the worst truck I have ever owned in my life. I've had nothing but issues with it since day one and this latest issue really put a stake in my chest.

My trucks sitting at dodge with an estimated repair bill of 19K because of bad fuel. My DPF is also full and has been for the past 5K miles or so but the dealer never got back to me when i called and called to have it looked at. My turbo charger gate was stuck open dumping fuel into my engine like crazy for 25K miles because the dealer couldn't diagnose the problem properly and kept telling me its bad fuel.

I've read from amsoils website that these 6.7's have a fuel dilution problem and I would have to guess that with my truck dumping fuel in for 25K shooting clouds of black smoke out the tail pipe under normal driving conditions that the turbo being stuck open didn't help matters. Now my engine is completely sludged up aswell from the dealers lack of effort to figure out at 55K miles why my truck was running so terrible.

I take care of my truck, I drive like a grandpa and barely go over 65mph with it. I use only amsoil products and I change my oil regularly along with my fuel filter at approx 10K regardless.

Is anyone else experiencing these problems with there 6.7 or do I just have a lemon?

I'm located in chicago and I intend on filing a lemon lawsuit against chrysler if anyone with the same problems would like to join me.

thank you,

Joe

Old 04-22-2010 | 09:03 PM
ecwrestoration@yahoo.com
Professional

I feel your pain guy!! All car manufacturers have gone to crap, money is their main concern, they care not for the custumer! My 05 has it's own issuse. Was told awhile back to stay away from the 6.7's nothing but trouble! guess you proved that right. Dump the truck and buy a older used, good luck!

Old 04-25-2010 | 09:07 AM
Coal Train
All Star

Unfortunately, what you're going to find out is that you're likely outside the Lemon Law period.

In most places, the Lemon Law only applies to new vehicles for the first 12K miles or one year. If a claim is made within that period, then the time period gets extended to 2 years / 24K miles for THAT PARTICULAR PROBLEM.

My best advice to you is this, get in contact with your State Attorney General's Office of Consumer Affairs.

There are VERY specific steps you need to take to get it resolved and if you don't do them, you'll get no love.

Trust me, I've been down this road.

The BBB is a useless entity; all the business has to do is RESPOND to the complaint and they are satisfied. The Chamber of Commerce is useless as well; they are there for the business.

You either A - Get a lawyer or B - Get a hold of the State AG and they'll give you the info needed.

Unfortunately, I think you're screwed.

Old 04-25-2010 | 02:11 PM
brettj2408
Captain

DPF become full eaier if you let your truck idle a long time.
diesels are meant to be driven hard and if you drive it like a grandpa it may be your first problem.
when you replaced your fuel filter did you drain your WIF?
too much water in your fuel will rust your transfer tubes and anything your fuel touches. could have rusted up and caused soemthing to malfunction

Old 04-25-2010 | 08:30 PM
pizzo
All Star

First If you can't get anywhere from Dodge about replacing the engine or fuel system.
I may be able to help out. I work on Cummins engines and for a Cummins industrial engine dealer.. I can get a Recon engine at cost even for a 6.7...
I also would be willing to do the Work in replacing the engine and fuel system. I Also live in Chicago On the southeast side.
Witch dealer is the truck at? And where are you getting your Fuel at? If that is the problem?
As stated before has the WIF light ever came on? Usually if it does its too late anyways..

If the Turbo is bad then replace the turbo or waist gate. IL don't have a emissions for Diesels YET so take the DPF filter off and get a delete pipe and a programmer to keep the service engine light off..
If you have to Safety inspect the truck then You can install the items back on truck for inspection....
The DPF filter can be cleaned out. Its a dirty job and not recommended with out proper gear... You can also take it off and take it too Cummins DEALER and they can send it out to be cleaned takes a few weeks NONE here in the USA. If they know of any...
Places to buy parts from Npower They are off I55 and La Grange Rd in countryside IL. Yet they do not work on Dodge Trucks they can get parts for the engine... Or if you need anything PM me with a serial number of the engine. With a Phone number to contact you... Just so you understand I'm buying belt tensioners for my trucks at $54-65 from Cummins. at dodge they are $155. Autopart stores $175.
If I can help out let me know
Pizzo

Quick Reply: 6.7 with 19K+ in fuel damage, please help!