Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

new 08 5500

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 10:12 AM
rdbrumfield
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new 08 5500

I went shopping for a 1t. Was looking for something used. Wow, what prices.
Found a Dodge cab anc chassis for just a couple g more new. Picked up a 14T venco hoist and some steel and built my own.
I feel so fortunate to have found this truck.
Mileage is not what I expected and it kept getting worse. Engine light was on so I took it in. No problem, we will flash it. got it back about a half hour later, there you go and away I went. It wouldn't do 5mph and never got out of low gear, felt lucky to get it back up the hill to the garage. Evidently another teck was flashing another rig at the same time. As the units are wireless the commands were confused by the recievers. The other truck wouldn't even start.
So they reflashed mine and came back with we need to keep it for a day. The turbo is bad. 600mi and the turbo is out??????? I sure hope this isn't the beginning of a bad dream.
Anyway, I am hopful that this will get the mileage back to where it should be and it will stay healthy.
Here is a pic of the rig. Too 3days to build the bed and painted and wired on the 4th. The one head scratcher was how to install the hitch. The fuel tank is right at the very end of the frame. I put the hitch at the same level as the bottom of the tank. I figure if I back into something I will feel it before the tank gets there.

Attached Thumbnails new 08 5500-001.jpg  
Old 04-29-2010, 12:05 PM
offroadjosh
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope they get it figured out!!! Nice truck though=)

Quick Reply: new 08 5500