Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Unexplained chime??

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 10:12 AM
dodgegirl67
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Unexplained chime??

We r traveling pull our travel trailer and we keep hearing a chime with no indicator light. Oil pressure is 40, half a tank of gas, windshield wipers are on. What could the chime mean? Seat belts on.. Is there am indication for low steering or transmission fluid? It chimes once every two minutes or so???? Help because we are away from home on vacation.

Old 05-01-2010, 01:40 PM
brettj2408
Captain

do you have a service reminder? if so maybe you didnt reset it your last oil change or your due for one?

Old 05-01-2010, 02:53 PM
vsraptor
Professional

do u have a blinker light out? I know it took me a couple hours to figure that one out. Truck kept chiming at me so I didnt notice the fact the blinker was fast. Made a chime when i stepped on brake, blinker, and stepped on clutchto I think.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:24 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 227 Likes on 212 Posts

what year truck is this?

my audi has an annoying reminder that when a timer passes the 2 hour mark... blinks at you until you hit a reset button.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:03 PM
pizzo
All Star

Originally Posted by vsraptor
do u have a blinker light out? I know it took me a couple hours to figure that one out. Truck kept chiming at me so I didnt notice the fact the blinker was fast. Made a chime when i stepped on brake, blinker, and stepped on clutchto I think.
I am going to say the same as vsraptor You have a blinker going bad... or a regular light running or headlight Foglights if equip... My truck chimed for a few days let me tell you I called the dealer I wanted to take the chimer off, out, I told one dealer where can I put a 9 mm bullet at to make it stop.... I changed the rear tail light bulbs thinking it was in back but it was the front rt turn signal bulb was bad...

Best thing to do is turn all lights on and tap on the lens to see if you can get it to quit... one time the fillment may just break and the light will be on all the time.... I had no lamp out light when it would chime untill it broke completely..

And yes I did call on cell phones for help some members that is here on DF for help... Some while I was driving so they could listen to the Chiming also just to **** them off too

Quick Reply: Unexplained chime??