Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Personal choice, but i'd really like your input...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 01:22 PM
mechNOT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Personal choice, but i'd really like your input...

hi people , im new here, and have been posting in the wrong places apparently. I was directed here to hopefully absorb some of your wisdom.I have recently decided to upgrade my old 98.5 24 v 3/4 ton ...i have putin an edge juice w/a ,manifold elbow ,brute fore cold air intake and flowmaster turbo back , what i have notice now is the lift pump is only delivering @ 7-8 psi at idle and drops as low as 1 when i take off. my questions are these:
1-is it possible for the vp to be drawing the fuel past my pressure sensor from the juice at that rate and my lift pump to be completely shot?
2- i am going to purchase a new lift pump , because of the low pressure, be it weak pump or increased demand, i was wondering what pump to get ..there are lots to choose from i dont wanna spend a TON of money but i do want something tried tested and true.Where better to get that info than here. I have considered ad raptor or fass ddrp or even some of the seperator systems....any opinions would be appreciated

Old 05-09-2010, 03:09 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Well, hate to say it as you said you've already been told this before, but this really isn't the right place for that question. 99% gassers here. Let me move you over to the diesel section, they are more likely to know an answer to that question.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:32 PM
Coal Train
All Star

Yeah, fuel pressure is way too low. It's gonna, probably already has, done damage to your VP44.

You really won't go wrong with any of the aftermarket pumps.

Tha main choice is if you want just a pump or the filtration too.

I deal and install both AirDog and FASS and have never seen one fail, so you'll be fine with which ever you decide.

Having installed many of both, I prefer the FASS. If I were to put another on my truck, it would be a FASS.

But, like I said, I've yet to see either of them fail or not provide enough fuel.

Last edited by Coal Train; 05-10-2010 at 07:25 AM.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:52 PM
pizzo
All Star

Air dog or Fass Dude they are just as good all have there Ups and downs... I have a Fass 150.. I love it. Fuel is at my pump when I need it to be..

Old 05-10-2010, 12:00 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i too run the fass, i bought just the pump only then added a perma-cool filter head along with a high flow 2 micron water seperator filter, which was a lot cheaper than the filter systems on the pump, and mounted both of them on the inside of the frame rail where they are very easy to get too, and also bypassed the entire fuel system on the side of the engine and went strait to the IP

Quick Reply: Personal choice, but i'd really like your input...