Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

have a 2001 dodge 2500 with defrost probs

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010 | 08:53 PM
CUMMINSPICKUPMAN
|
Default have a 2001 dodge 2500 with defrost probs

my truck will not work on defrost mode, all blend door actuators and recirculation door actuators work and all vaccume lines appear to be working fine with no leaks or breaks. don't know if it's a control **** issue or what, any suggestions?

Old 05-15-2010 | 11:19 PM
pizzo
All Star

I think the blend door and mode door is operated by Electric.... that is how it is on my 2004.5 I had a broken mode door it was stuck on vents and you had to switch the **** to vents and then to defrost and sometimes it would work. Sometimes it wouldn't... If its a mode/blend door they are a PITA to change.. EVERYTHING has to come out dashboard steering column and A/c freon 134A..
Also my may just have a Pen or something down in the vents and stopping the mode door from moving to defrost.. But you will need to make sure its the door or Actuator or the switch..

Old 05-16-2010 | 11:02 PM
CUMMINSPICKUPMAN
|

Yeah i talked to the dealer and he thinks it's a mode door too but i'm going to get a vacuume check done first and then check my selector mod first before i go ripping into the dash. Hope it's not that serious thx...

Old 05-17-2010 | 08:38 PM
pizzo
All Star

Originally Posted by CUMMINSPICKUPMAN
Yeah i talked to the dealer and he thinks it's a mode door too but i'm going to get a vacuume check done first and then check my selector mod first before i go ripping into the dash. Hope it's not that serious thx...
hope so too is your electric or does it run off of vacuum? I am pretty sure they are electric actuators since in 99 they electric..

Quick Reply: have a 2001 dodge 2500 with defrost probs