Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Which Chip For MPG?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 01:06 AM
Remstar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Chip For MPG?

I took my truck in to have the transmission serviced today... aparently the first gear band is just about worn right out from the bully dog chip in my truck....aparently the bully dogs are notoriouse for destroying tranny bands. I have one that plugs in under the hood and have to turn a little **** on it to adjust the output. Aparently it is for towing/economy.

So I was looking to replace it with something that would be a little nicer to the tranny.... and was hoping not to lose any MPG's along the way.

Right now my truck gets aprox. 25 mpg's on the highway and I really dont want to sacrafice a single one of those.

If I switch over to a banks six gun or a edge attitude with cts will I possibly lose mpg's?
Since I am not concerned about racing would a chip like the edge milage max be the best choice?

I have a 2005 5.9, with 4" exhaust, and a stage 2 afe cold air intake.

Any thought apreciated.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:11 AM
pizzo
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes if your Trans is not built and you have a bully dog dont use upper settings.. I myself am having trans problems.. I do have a bully dog on my Red truck.. I am not blaming BD in anyway shape or form.. Its my fault for beating on it.. I think BD makes a good product in some areas bad in others.. Just like other products they have good area's and bad ones too.. some have told me that BD will burn up computers too.. Yeah any one of them can do that..

this is a guess mileage max would be my choice.. But if you get a good front band I think they are made of Kevlar then you can keep what you have...

Quick Reply: Which Chip For MPG?