Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

cheap good power ideas help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 02:35 AM
01ramcummins
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys. coaltrain, i dont want 200 more hp, i want a total of 200-250 hp, just for strters, so the afc will help a little bit? moving it forward? ill give it shot. anyone know where i can get some cheap gauges or anyone selling any used ones? thatd be awsome.

Old 06-17-2010, 08:15 AM
Coal Train
All Star

Originally Posted by 01ramcummins
thanks guys. coaltrain, i dont want 200 more hp, i want a total of 200-250 hp, just for strters, so the afc will help a little bit? moving it forward? ill give it shot. anyone know where i can get some cheap gauges or anyone selling any used ones? thatd be awsome.
Ahhhh, okay, that's more reasonable.

Hell man, governor spring, slide the plate, adjustable boost elbow, open the intake and exhaust, MAYBE some slightly larger sticks and you'd be golden.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:54 AM
01ramcummins
Professional

i played the afc last nite and noticed a little bit more power out of it and she smokes like a chimney now. i love it. lol, ok, so i think you "coaltrain" and i have been through this before. but can you get me parts? let me know how much for the parts u have listed here if you can get them? thatd be awsome. and im a picture person. if you have pics of everything and where it goes on the truck? that would help soooo much. thanks guys. for all your help. seriously. im very greatfull. i wanna build this truck but on a poor mans budget as bad as that sounds. lol but its true. california is taking all of my money and leaving me with nothing. so yea. u understand my situation now. so thanks for all the help everyone.

Old 06-18-2010, 07:31 AM
Coal Train
All Star

Sure can.

I'll work you up some stuff today.

I'll send ya the Governor Spring and Boost Elbow, as these are in the realm of cheap mods and will give you the best bang for the buck.

The fuel plate you can modify yourself and will already push more fuel than the stock turbo can handle.

Injectors.....that'll probably be more than you want to spend, and again, will push more fuel than the stock turbo can handle.

Last edited by Coal Train; 06-18-2010 at 11:59 AM.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:24 AM
01ramcummins
Professional

welll. like i said, we messed with the afc the other nit. and it smokes a buttload and it added some noticeable power. but yea. hopefully i can get all this stuff and put it in. i really want some good power. im tired of all the ford and chevys runnin around on me. lol i wanna take off. and leave then in my smoke. : )>

Quick Reply: cheap good power ideas help.