Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

just wanna make sure I got this right

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 08:10 PM
willstruck
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default just wanna make sure I got this right

So, I have a 97, and off the bottom of the turbo there is a cast piece of metal, with what I think is the wastegate? It is connected to a short piece of rubber hose (2 inchs about) which is then connected to a hard line that runs all the way to the AFC. That little piece of runner hose is where people say to put the hose clamp to get a bit more PSI, right?

I've already slid my fuel plate forward, and am making a new plate, about a #10, at work after I get gauges.

Old 07-01-2010, 02:20 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

get the gauges first, you can plug the line to get more psi, but dont go over 35 psi, if you get more than 35 psi, you can get a "boost elbow" to adjust it back down

Old 07-02-2010, 10:09 AM
willstruck
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a boost gauge already as a temporary, but I'm going to get a pillar gauge pod with EGR and boost in it.

Where do you block it, or put the elbow. It looks like the line goes from the wastegate to a block on the back of the AFC, then another like goes from the block to the intake manifold. You can buy any type of valve that will thread in between the fittings, I just want to know where it has to go. Or how to just block it for now, because I"m sure an old stock turbo isn't putting out 35 PSI

Quick Reply: just wanna make sure I got this right