Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

No Horn

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 11:42 AM
hottrodder67
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face No Horn

So when i had the tranny put back in i realized my horn did not work. I checked the fuses and the connections and all is gravy. Now this is where i need help. I brought it to my new mechanic and he told me that it was a master switch box that Chrysler decide to put into the truck. It controls door chimes blinkers all the little dam bells and whistles as well as the horn. he told me this box is about 700-850. Anybody out there agree with this or have any way of by passing this "box". All i want is my horn to work. Now i also thinking about putting a train horn in. Does this box need to be working in order to do that?

Old 07-01-2010, 12:10 PM
dakota_raven
Record Breaker

i don't know about the little box but you don't need it to install a train horn. you will wire it directly to another switch by not using the factory switch on the steering wheel. but if you are on a state that requires a vehicle inspection you will need the box fixed or replaced to use the factory horn! imho.....

Old 07-01-2010, 01:39 PM
hottrodder67
Professional

ya i read somewhere that you can install a kill switch. it either makes the factory horn go off or the train horn. need to look more into that.

Old 07-01-2010, 02:24 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i wouldnt pat $800 for a horn to work, just get a shop manual, find the correct wires and bypass the controler and hard wire it, but if you do that, you should also install a relay system, as to not posably overload the electronics in the coloum

Old 07-02-2010, 01:55 PM
hottrodder67
Professional

Ya my problem is now my lights are starting to get retarded. As well as my blinkers, high beams and low beams. Dam Chrysler A holes always trying to make some extra money some how.

Quick Reply: No Horn