Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

07 2500 shift lever won't engage transmission.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 09:50 PM
ImCumming
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 2500 shift lever won't engage transmission.

Here's the deal. I had an aftermarket transmission cooler, my transmission blew up so I took it to the shop (warrenty). They fixed the transmission and told me to put the transmission cooler BACK to stock. So I just finished doing that, I start up the truck, and push in the brake and try to shift into reverse and the shifter just goes up and down with no resistance and the truck stays in park. The shifter just moves up and down freely... I was wondering if I lost a prime in the transmission or something? I really dont know!

2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab
5.9 lt Diesel
Automatic transmission.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:34 PM
Spc_Sapper

did you get the shift linkage hocked up right?.. i did this a while back with my durango. I didnt have the linkage bolt tight enough

Old 07-05-2010, 12:41 PM
ImCumming

I was able to get it working two days ago actually. Right by the coolant output line was the shift cable, when I was installing the output line I hit this cable and knocked it loose off the tie rod piece. So basically the shifter was free floating. I popped this back on and away I went!

Quick Reply: 07 2500 shift lever won't engage transmission.