Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Suspension noise... PLEASE help???

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 09:08 PM
jdccr15
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension noise... PLEASE help???

hey everyone,

i've been on this site for awhile but this is the first time i've posted and i would appreciate any help anyone can offer, I own an 07' 2500 CTD that I picked up about 8 months ago, i love the truck but have a suspension problem that no one can figure out. About 6 months ago just about the whole suspension was replaced at the dealer under warranty. it included ball joints, tie rod ends, steering box, pitman arm, ect. it also had billsteen shocks put on. about a month ago i started feeling a clunking in the steering wheel and pedals, doesn't matter if going over bumps or cruising down the road i just feel a constant clunking in the steering and pedals. i took it back to the dealer and was told that they feel the issue but the feel is a characteristic of a diesel truck which i think is bull**** b/c the truck never did it until up about a month ago, its driving me crazy and is reallllly annoying. can anyone give me any input on what the REAL issue may be?

thanks,
Joe

Last edited by jdccr15; 07-13-2010 at 09:11 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:37 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check the upper shock bushings, i have seen them make the same symtom

Old 07-15-2010, 09:36 PM
jdccr15

I checked the stock bushings today their still good, when i put the billsteens in 8 months ago the bushing were new also. for some strange reason i think its the steering box... I'm gonna put a chassis ear on the truck this weekend, i'll let you know what i find.

thanks

Old 07-16-2010, 09:38 AM
chris1970

i have been feeling a clunking in my steering wheel as well, but haven't figured it out. curious to know what you find.

Quick Reply: Suspension noise... PLEASE help???