Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Truck popped codes, got them but don't know what they mean.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 07:08 PM
Wingedmare
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck popped codes, got them but don't know what they mean.

My '06 1 ton diesle dinged at me today with Check Gauges (not the engine light) and I noticed my volts were down. checked my batteries and the levals are good. I started her back up and no light and volts were back at 14. I checked for codes ANYWAY and P2502 and P0513 came up. I searched for them and 2502 is charging system output and the other is "incorrect imobilzer key" I have NO idea what this means. help please?

Old 01-05-2019, 10:27 AM
dalewpitt
Amateur

OBDII P0502 code when the output voltage is out of factory specifications. This is a charging system code. You need to have your charging system checked. AutoZone will do it for free if you have one near you. You can check the alternator wiring/connections and clean your battery connections but a shop will have the tester to put your battery under load to really test it. same thing with the alternator.

OBDII P0513 All this is is the PCM received the wrong VIN and/or key SKIM number from the key FOB transmitter. Thieves broadcast FOB codes while driving through parking lots to see if any vehicles will unlock . . not saying this is why you got this code but its deals with your key FOB signal radio. Not a major concern.

Just my opinion - I would have the starting charging system checked. most shops will do it for free.

Old 01-05-2019, 06:58 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,179 Likes on 2,932 Posts

Erm, 8.5 year old thread. I should hope he got this fixed a LONG time ago.

Old 01-05-2019, 07:22 PM
dalewpitt
Amateur

LOL That happens to me a lot here.

Quick Reply: Truck popped codes, got them but don't know what they mean.