Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Dependable

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010 | 11:07 PM
Willdaher
|
Default Dependable

Good evening,

This is my first post. I bought my truck 1999 ISB(24valve) to tow a 6000 lb trailer. It is 2x4 and auto(47re). I am aware of the flaws in the lift pump, and how the pressure going into the VP44 is not monitired as accurately as it should from the factory(my opinnion). I'm pretty sure if you are responding to my question you will have some insight from experience, and not just reading around. I will take all the advise I can get though.

I don't wish to get more power, although it wouldn't hurt. I want to get a nice lift pump, an exhaust temp gauge and the most important fuel pressure gauge.

1) What else should I look into to get the most reliablility out of the truck?
2) What are some of the most dependable lift pumps?
3) Where should I take my fuel pressure from...top of fuel filter case or banjo bolt?
3A) At that location what is the pressure I can be confident with?

Thanks so much,

Will

Old 07-25-2010 | 11:12 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker

tap the fuel pressure before the injection pump, after the fuel filter, fass and air dog are great choices for pumps, i like, and run fass on mine, and really anything over 3psi should keep the pump happy, but normal is around 9-12 psi

Quick Reply: Dependable