Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

6.7l Regeneration

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 07:11 PM
dieselredcat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.7l Regeneration

Well I got my 2010 Dodge Ram last week. I love the truck even though the computer threw up two service codes so far. I had it to my dealer for the first one and they downloaded new software into the computer. The light came on again last night and am bringing it back to the dealer tommorrow again. I have about 420 miles on it so far and was wondering how often does the 6.7l go into regeneration to clean the DPF. So far I don't think it has done it, but would think with 420 miles on it, it should soon. What do you guys or gals think?

Old 11-05-2010, 09:57 PM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't got a clue how often they regen. I heard that they used to only regen at highway speeds but they changed it so they'll regen at idle now too.

I got rid of my DPF/EGR the week I bought my 08, so it hasn't regened in the 11k miles since I've owned it.

Old 11-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Joel_MD
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my 2007 I installed an EGT gauge and could tell when it went into regen mode because the temp would jump up. It happened fairly often, probably about every 60 miles. Generally it would stay in regen mode for about five minutes. Once the regen mode started, it could get interrupted by idling or wide open throttle. Anything in between was fair game.

Quick Reply: 6.7l Regeneration