Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Need help fast!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 01:40 PM
ZR900
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help fast!

I have a 2006 Diesel Mega cab. I was just out in ND pheasant hunting. The heat quit and temp gauage was jumpimg around. After looking into it I added a gallon or so coolant though the radiator had pressure. That fixed the heat and temp guage issues. We drove home 800 miles after another few days hunting. Probably 1500 miles total. It has the original water pump and 132K miles on it. We are leaving Wednesday for a family vacation to Wyoming from MN. Probably put on 5K miles all together. I see **** holes of coolant where the truck was sitting in the yard which is covered in snow. Not lot's and there is still plenty in the overflow bottle though it is lower. Will it make it another 5K miles?

Old 12-21-2010, 01:21 AM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it should but... there is a very common leak issue, on the passenger side between the turbo and engine, there is a small short collant hose with two hose clamps on it, and its very natrious for those clamps to be loose, just tighten them up if its your issue, they are easy to get to, flat head screwdriver, 5/16 or 8mm either one of the three will fit the clamps...

Quick Reply: Need help fast!