Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

new truck issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 06:45 PM
rogerdodge2010
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new truck issue

hello all...
New to the site and proud owner of a new 2010 ram 2500 lariate quad cab cummings with all the bells and whisles.....

i got to say i LOVE this truck....
Ive been getting 5 chimes when putting key in ignition for pre start up. Now i read and found that if u hear five chimes that it means to empty the gas/water separator. i checked it and its empty. so i brought it to the dealer and they changed the water separator( saying that it was defective). Im still getting five chimes at start up and there now saying it ( MIGHT BE NORMAL) to get those five chimes at start up. ive called all dealers here in my city and cant get a straight answer on this five chime.
Some say that its normal(has to do with the heating of something) Some say they have no clue about (five) chimes......and some say we dont know at all. WOW.
So i turn to you's the good people of the forum chat. please does anybody know what this is. im leaving for florida on the tenth from Ottawa Canada and dont want something goingnon during this trip.
Thanks for any input u might have

Cheers Roger

Quick Reply: new truck issue