Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

edge products?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 05:31 PM
99dodgediesel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default edge products?

I have a 99 dodge diesel thinkin about an edge with attitude. What are the features does it show fuell pressure? Like the fuel pressure needed to monitor the injection pump? What is the best programmer as far as performance for these trucks edge or bullydog? Thanks guys.

Old 02-10-2011, 02:19 PM
brockrickerson2009

I ran a smarty for the longest time and I just switched to the Edge with attitude. In my opinion i felt like I got bigger gains with the smarty. BUT I love all the features on the edge, having over 10 different guages on it, plus it moniters them and backs the truck off if you are pushing it to hard. I hear bully dog is good too. I think a lot of it is matter of preference also. Bullydog for the whole setup is the most expensive, than the edge, than the smarty, If you are just wanting straight raw power I would go smarty, but if you are wanting moniters with a little tuneage I would go Edge or Bully

Old 02-10-2011, 06:05 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

smarty is a very good choice, edge is known for making the 2nd gens run high egt's, but getting a fuel pressure gauge is a must for 2nd gen 24v's, as well is a egt gauge and trans temp if automatic

Old 02-11-2011, 10:11 AM
99dodgediesel

Thanks guys for the info I was curious if the edge had the function of a fuel pressure guage. I think the bully dog boasts they can give you fuel railpressure on the tripple dog. Is fuel rail pressure what I need to monitor?

Old 02-11-2011, 02:53 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not on the 99, u need lift pump pressure, and most chips with a monster will give ya the pressure

Old 02-12-2011, 01:05 PM
99dodgediesel

With a monster what do you mean?

Old 02-12-2011, 01:37 PM
Clutch1

im pretty sure he meant monitor... my opinion is if you have guages go with a smarty, its tested and its proven to work. no guages then go with the edge cause it has guages built in. both good products tho. u can always just get a fuel psi guage and run it seperately

Old 02-12-2011, 02:42 PM
99dodgediesel

Oh monitor ok. I currently don't have any gauges and would like to have a programmer. But also i dont wanna burn up that expensive injection pump i hear so much about. So the edge will give me lift pump pressure? I like the edge because it has 5 different settings so it has more range. My truck is basically completely stock with only a k@n filter.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:36 PM
2500RAM09

I have recently purchased the CTS Juice with Attitude system for my 09 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7L Diesel and ever since I had this thing installed my TPMS light keeps going off. I have taken it back to the dealer and they have checked all four tires and they are saying that everything is good with the modules in the tires. However, for some reason they say the right rear location keeps tripping the TPMS light no matter which tire they move to that location. So they have replaced the module in the truck and it was not even a day before the light tripped again. The dealer is now trying to tell me that since I have a 4” suspension lift on the truck with larger tires the wifi signal is not able to get to the module in the truck. I am thinking, are you kidding me! If there is anyone that has had this issue before and thinks that they might be able to help I am all ears since I am sick of looking at that yellow light in the dash. Also the low tire button that I have in the truck does nothing for turning that light off since it is a fault and not just saying that my tire is low.
Please Help!!!
Thanks

Old 02-17-2011, 08:35 PM
dodgetruck2
All Star
Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

friend of mine has an edge with attitude on his 01, its really nice having the edge with all the monitors because like mentioned before, you can preset your limits so if you hit one it backsoff. We werent very impressed with it at first, seemed like it doesn't do anything it had no low end but at 2 gran it took off like no other, found out the chip was defective, he has a new one now with the hot unlock and it runs ggoooooooodddd, and yes if you dont get the edge get a fuel pressure gauge in that truck, to many fall victim to problems that could have been fixed with a $50 gauge

@2500ram09 pretty sure if it aint stock its going to trip the light, i know a guy with one all souped up and lift with big tires and rims and his is going off, he just ignores it, personally i think you dont need a TPMS, if you are to stupid or lazy to look at your tires and see if they are low, or check them once and a while, then you better not be drivin that truck, that wasn't intended directly at you but just people in general that need that stuff, just take the dash off, put a piece of black electrical tape over the light and go on with life.

Last edited by dodgetruck2; 02-17-2011 at 08:41 PM.

Quick Reply: edge products?