Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

just bought a new 07 CTD

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 11:40 PM
birchbark
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just bought a new 07 CTD

I just bought a new 07 CTD with the 5.9 and noticed after I bought it that it had a leveling kit in the front end. So my question is should I just get rid of it, or should I put in either a block kit that adds 2 inches or an add-a-leaf to raise it up 1.5"s. I don't really want to get rid of the front end lift, but I really don't like the levelness or the fact that when I hook up one of my trailers that back end will be a little low. Your thoughts are welcomed.

birchbark.

Old 02-12-2011, 05:47 AM
M.Wise

Buy a set of air bags for the back...So every time you tow...You can level out your truck with air....Just my thoughts...

Old 02-12-2011, 06:16 PM
dasnake
Veteran
Default my kit

this is what i did with my '07 dually, i put a 2" leveler in then i put a four leaf progressive overload setup in place of the single leaf, the next step was a set of firestone air springs, the whole truck raised up about 2" and i can regulate that when my camper goes on.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Clutch1

Bags r the way to go. The ride is much better and its easy to keep the truck at the level you want

Quick Reply: just bought a new 07 CTD