Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Tire advice????

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 06:24 PM
zslayer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire advice????

Hey guys, I need some advice on tires. I have been looking for some new tires was looking at the Terra Grapplers but now I am thinking I don't need to go that aggressive. I am looking for a tire that would work good in rain/snow and get alot of miles out of them, I will not be using them too much 4 wheeling off road it will mainly be highway. Tire size is 265/70r17 with a E rating......what do you suggest???

Eddy

Old 02-19-2011, 07:34 PM
Cthulhu
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm looking at similar needs to yourself.. Everyone around here really likes the BFG AT's... They apparently wear extremely well, and not too bad snow traction. They aren't up to a winter tire's traction quality, but lots of guys run them year round up here. They are likely the tire I will be going with in the spring... still 2 months away..

I have also run Toyo Open Country tires on my 1500.. Not sure if they make a E rated O/C or not. They are a very smooth tire, good traction in the winter, but again not the same quality as a true winter tire. I've got about 60,000kms on my O/C's and they are nearing the end of life... luckly so is the lease on that truck, so it all works out for everyone.

Last edited by Cthulhu; 02-19-2011 at 07:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Tire advice????