Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Front End Retrofit kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 12:42 PM
Leprechaun
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front End Retrofit kit

2003 5.9L 3500, Have recently found out that my truck needs to be retrofit with the new 2008.5 front end, if anyone on here knows of a good website where I can order the kit from at a decent price I'd appreciate a link.

Old 04-18-2011, 01:49 PM
Leprechaun

stupid me decided to take the shops word that my truck has not had the retrofit kit installed, yesterday I was planning on ordering the kit and doing it myself, but I took a look under my truck and found it had the kit already installed, I need to replace my center link and my question is do I have to buy the entire kit or can i just replace the top of my center link??

Last edited by Leprechaun; 04-18-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:40 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why does it need to be replaced? and you are talking bout the track bar, correct?

Old 04-18-2011, 11:07 PM
Leprechaun

Originally Posted by dodgetrucker75
why does it need to be replaced? and you are talking bout the track bar, correct?
No im not talking about the track bar im talking about the center link/drag link whatever you wanna call it. If you look at this picture its almost directly infront of the track bar. https://www.dieselpowerproducts.com/...ge/5062_3_.jpg I just need the top part of the center link that connects to the pitman arm, but the shop I had it in tried 6 different center links with no success installing them. My question is can I just buy the top part without buying the entire kit like this one http://www.klmstore.com/Mopar-09-Ste...2500/3500.aspx My seals are cracked and its really worn out, a lot of right pull and I know this problem could be other things as well but I'm starting with the center link and possibly getting a hd carli stabilizer with it.

Quick Reply: Front End Retrofit kit