Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

High pressure side fuel leak?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011 | 02:16 PM
ben362
|
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High pressure side fuel leak?

Here is the scenario, Cruising down the highway at 65, look in rear view to see if i can move over to start my exit off, notice what I think is smoke out of the back of the truck. On the exit ramp as soon as I cancel the cruise, the engine dies. Get stopped, out of the truck and notice something dripping, open the hood smell the fuel, and see that the insulator pad on the firewall is soaked and dripping. I get the truck out of traffic with the assistance of some good samaritans, go back under the hood and pop open the water drain on the filter and have the wife turn on the key but not try to start, fuel starts coming out which tells me the lift pump is working. After getting the truck home, I crawl under, over everything on the driver side looking for a cracked or broken line, do not see anything obvious. Anyone have any suggestions of what to check next?

Thanks,

Ben

Old 08-03-2011 | 09:55 PM
tech_support
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it won't crank, have someone crank it while u look under the hood at the injector lines. #4 5 & 6 are the ones to look at. Should see a nice spray if ones broken.

Quick Reply: High pressure side fuel leak?