Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Programmer/Tuner for '95 5.9L?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 08:05 AM
prmoyers
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programmer/Tuner for '95 5.9L?

Is there a programmer/tuner available for a 1995 5.9L Cummins? I've been surfing for 2+ hours and can't find one, only back to 98. Mostly looking for a mileage increase. All ideas welcome.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:30 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no such thing, its a mechanical engine, not electronic, you can do injection pump mods like govenor springs, fuel plate, afc upgrades, delivery valves, then there are injectors and turbos, the list gos on and on, but dont do any untill you have at least a pyrometer guage

Old 01-18-2012, 09:20 AM
prmoyers

Thanks, I guess that also explains why I have a hard time finding someone with a scanner/drb/obd that will extract any info. Right now I've got a ABS/parking brake light issue that no one (as of yet) can tell me what is going on. "Probably a speed sensor" is what I hear alot, but it would be nice to know for sure before I start replacing sensors. The brakes work fine, but that problem should be posted elsewhere, I'm sure. So thanks again.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:34 AM
chorizo

Ok guys brand new to the Cummins. Ive got a 1996. And now know to get a pyrometer guage. Is there a thread or site with all the power mods for this year or is it hunt and peck for days. Id like to see better freeway merging power at the least. Thanks in adavance.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:24 AM
jeff-ab9uw

Originally Posted by chorizo
Ok guys brand new to the Cummins. Ive got a 1996. And now know to get a pyrometer guage. Is there a thread or site with all the power mods for this year or is it hunt and peck for days. Id like to see better freeway merging power at the least. Thanks in adavance.

Two of the better forums for that year are www.cumminsforum.com and www.dieseltruckresource.com.

Also, the turbodiesel register (tdr) was the one that pretty much started it all. They aren't free, though. Last I checked they were $35 a year, that got you 4 (or 6) magazine issues a year and full site access.

Jeff.

Quick Reply: Programmer/Tuner for '95 5.9L?