Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

RFI on the 12's

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 07:19 PM
inxs_use
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RFI on the 12's

I have been half-a$$ed looking for information on the 12's. There has to be a few of you here that have the new 3500's, right? My 08 hemi just turned 86k and it's time to get it off the interstate and turn it out to pasture on a dealer's used lot. I would really appreciate any information you people can clue me in on. What did you pay for it, fuel mileage, any early issues....ect. I see that Vernon dealer in Texas always has a few SLT/Lonestars on the Ebay for $45k. That's a boat load of money to dropping on an unknown performer. Thanks in advance.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:10 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

Unless you tow often I would not get near any diesel 2007.5 or newer as they have to much EPA smog junk bolted on them to be used as a Daily Driver

Old 02-22-2012, 09:07 PM
inxs_use

I had an 05 CTD for a company vehicle at my last job. Damn, I miss that truck. 18MPG whether I was empty or pulling 12K on the interstate. Right now I pull 9K and there are days when I have a breeze blowing across the hood that I can't even see 7MPG on the overhead.