Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

superchips info?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 01:25 AM
derek_woods
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default superchips info?

i have a 2005 5.9 cummins and am leaning towards the superchip flashpaq and am trying to figure out the horsepower gains and usability. also if anyone has had issues with it ie: pros and cons? if anyone could help me with that it would be much appreciated.

Old 05-02-2012, 10:51 AM
hillbilli
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a flashpaq on my Hemi's and it was ok. Best part was the towing setting because my 03's didnt have tow/haul mode on the tranny. Dont know of too many cummins people with Superchips, Id say most reccomend a Smarty or an Edge. Also make sure if you got an auto trans that it is in good shape or a tuner with destroy it.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:20 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

superchips is junk. smarty is the best tuner for the cummins.

and hillbilli is right...trans needs to be built. torque converter, input shaft, and valve body. or if you got a manual, you need a good performance clutch from valair or south bend.

you will also need boost, EGT, trans temp, and rail pressure gauges for that common rail when you throw one of those on there.

aftermarket fuel system like airdog or fass is also highly recommended. at least 100GPH pump...

smarty is by far the best tuner for the common rail trucks. for the vp44 trucks like mine, its the adrenaline, or a smarty/tst stack.

Quick Reply: superchips info?