Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Adjustable Timeing Sensor BOMB

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005 | 03:28 PM
Drew
|
Professional
Default Adjustable Timeing Sensor BOMB

I'm pretty sure some of you guys here havent seen this yet, but there are quite a few lengthy discussions about it, The Adjustable Timeing Sensor.

Ive been doing some reading about this and apparently many are having good results with this. what it does is advance the timeing of the injection cycle by 2 degrees. Some of the possitives have been .5-1mpg better mileage, slightly better low end launch and low end power, less white/black smoke, lower EGT's and slightly higher boost pressures. then there are some who have had no luck with this and have had no increase in anything. However, for you guys trying to squeeze every little bit out of your engine this might be something to look into.

Now, for those that are worried about tripping codes, this is a Cummins direct part. Dealership will not notice any difference. also, it takes about 5-7 degrees advance before the computer trips any codes. besides, from what I have seen thus far, anything past 2 degrees has a decline in overall performance.

just thought I would drop this in here

oh, BOMB means Better Off Modified Baby

Quick Reply: Adjustable Timeing Sensor BOMB