Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Urgent help with p1757!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 06:21 PM
AHammerAndDuctTape
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Urgent help with p1757!!!

1999 5.9 diesel. 400 miles from home towing light (3500lb) trailer. Check engine came on yesterday on short, empty trip. Tranny would start in second, but then shift fine. Drove 70 miles at 70mph, no problems. Seemed to run and shift fine today. Read and cleared code, all is fine but haven't driven far since. I know this is related to the pressure regulator/solenoid, but my question is: am I ok to drive it home with trailer tomorrow, and if so, if the code triggers again can I keep going? Thanks!!!

Old 05-27-2012, 09:13 AM
hillbilli
Veteran

When was the last time the transmission was serviced, fluid and filter? It should be fine to drive for now, but i would be looking into dropping the pan and checking everything sometime soon.

Old 05-28-2012, 04:19 PM
AHammerAndDuctTape

Thank you for your input. The tranny was serviced 12,000 miles ago. All was good. As an update, after clearing the code I did drive it home. O/D off in traffic and through the bigger hills; O/D on for the rest. Shifted fine the whole trip, averaging high 60's to low 70's MPH. No engine lights or issues since.

Quick Reply: Urgent help with p1757!!!