Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

1999 2500 4x4 Crusie Control problems Cummins

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 11:02 AM
mizzourn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 1999 2500 4x4 Crusie Control problems Cummins

Alright I have read the post but nothing seems to match what I have going on. I bought this truck and it said it had cruise but the switches on the steering wheel were torn up. Luckily I had a 1998 I was selling that had cruise and it was working. I swapped the switches in the steering wheel, still no light and no cruise. I then read forums and found the vaccum line was broke to the control unit under the drivers side battery. I replaced the vaccum line and still no light or cruise working. Then I swapped the control units (under the drivers side battery) in the trucks and still no light or cruise. I get no lights in dash for Air bag/ 4x4/ abs or cruise, (except at startup). If I read the forums correctly, if the clock spring was bad, then the Air bag light would be on. I have sold my 1998 so now I cannot pillage it any more. This is getting frustrating. One forum mentioned a control sensor and bypassing it to get power to the switches but I don't know where that is. Hope someone can help. Thanks

Old 05-22-2012, 11:18 AM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you're not even getting the light to come on, then it is not a vacuum problem. its an electronic problem for sure. it would only be a vacuum problem if the vent control and 4x4 didn't work, but the light came on when you turned cruise on. have you already checked the fuses?

Old 05-22-2012, 05:11 PM
mizzourn

Owners manual doesn't list Cruise control in the section with fuses, but as I looked through the fuse listing with components I didn't notice anything not working. I do think your right about being electrical but not sure it is a fuse. I'll pull them all this eve

Old 05-28-2012, 02:34 AM
00DodgeQC4x4
Amateur

I bet your clock spring is bad. That's what was wrong with my 99 CTD Laramie.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:14 PM
mizzourn

Thanks I'll get one ordered and see if that does it. All fuses were ok.

Quick Reply: 1999 2500 4x4 Crusie Control problems Cummins