Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

affordable 47RE diesel converter

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 09:38 PM
BLACKSHEEP757
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default affordable 47RE diesel converter

Just what i needed this week,tues night trans decided to puke about 4 quarts of fluid from the front while pulling around 6500lbs 30 miles...this is gonna cost some cash i certainly cant afford right now.... pulled the trans today,clutch material (typical amount),no metal shavings,fluid not burnt too bad a little smelly previous owner claimed to have serviced just a few months ago though....builder will tear down for me next week to see what else i need.....was already having gov press isues and had already ordered a master solenoid kit which arrived thurs of course... could probally get away with reusing my converter but i only want to do this once.... pumping a decent bit of power and will be doing a good bit of towing for the rest of this trucks life with me so i need something decent....definatly cant afford $800 plus plus plus for a conv for sure but dont want to put a stock unit back in either....... whats the best bang for the buck in the somewhat more affordable range?.....ive found a billet,single disc from revmax for a hair over 500 shipped but have never heard of them....

any suggestions or input guys?

Quick Reply: affordable 47RE diesel converter