Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Towing mirrors ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 11:47 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Towing mirrors ???

Shared drving dutys in a 09 quad cab 3500 6.7 4x4 with a 6sp man and 28 foot fith wheel trailer this long weekend ( Canada) I drive a 2012 F550 Ford V/10 super dutycrew cab with a walk in service box at work and I have to give ford the thumbs up with thier mirrors.

When the Dodge mirrors are extended out and flipped up thier excellant for visability but they add at lease two feet to the over all width of the truck, kinda gets interesting when passing anothier dodge or HD truck with a fith wheal on a tight two lane road.

I have the reg style mirrors on my 06 Ram 2500 as I verry seldom tow and find the ford mirriors offer = visability with out extending as far out.

I was verry impressed with the towing power of the 6.7, My friend swears up and down his old 5.9 was better for power and milage, my first impressions with the truck and electric jake brake in combination with the 6sp man were all prestty cool!!!

I was worried sick thow with keeping the mirrors togethier, that was not fun at all.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:42 PM
6.7LCTD_Rebel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the Dodge Ram tow mirrors I run my truck with them flipped out regardless of whether im towing or not...

Quick Reply: Towing mirrors ???