Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

ECM FAILURES 2004 CUMMINS

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 10:03 AM
JOEY
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECM FAILURES 2004 CUMMINS

I DONT KNOW IF ITS COMMON ,BUT I HAD MY RAM 2500 AT THE DEALER 3 TIMES FOR ECM FAILURES DTC PO606 TO YOU MECHANICS OUT THERE.I WAS FOR OVER 28 YEARS A DIESEL MECHANIC.THE FIRST 2 TIMES THEY WERE DIRECTED BY DODGE TECH SUPPORT TO REPROGRAM THE ECM,THIS AT 4300 AND 11K MILES.IT THEN REFAILED AT 13 K MILES-THEN DO[:@]DGE STAR TECH SUPPORT SAYS REPROGRAM IT AGAIN AND THE MECHANIC SAID CANT YOU SEE THE RECORD IT FAILED 3 TIMES IN 13 K MILES--AND AFTER ALL THIS B/S THEY SEND THE DEALER A REMANUFACTURED UNIT--GOOD DEALER IN MY PROFESSIONAL OPINION--**** POOR DODGE WARRANTY PROGRAM--

Old 03-10-2007, 04:17 PM
woodchopper
Default RE: ECM FAILURES 2004 CUMMINS

I too have suffered the ECM failure problem. 2004.5 Laramie, 40K miles and I pulled p0606, p2123 & P2121 codes. Took it to the dealer and told the ECM needed to be replaced. They said they needed to order the part and I should have it in a couple of days. OK, not bad, still under warrantee, no problem...... Well, after a week I was told the part has been back ordered and it wouldn't be here for another week. I was not offered a rental car or anything.

(2 weeks later)

Well here I am sitting a full four weeks after bringing it to the dealer without my truck, yes I said FOUR weeks and still don't have my truck. The dealer said the part came in yesterday morning, but their computer was down so they couldn't flash the ECM. I'm not a happy guy, This was a $45,000+ Laramie loaded with almost every option you could get. I wish Dodge would get their sh** together!!!!

I hope nobody else has had this kind of service nightmare..

Old 03-10-2007, 04:29 PM
PRam
Professional
Default RE: ECM FAILURES 2004 CUMMINS

Have these trucks been modded in any way? like a programmer or such?
I ask cause I've got the same truck and would like to be on the lookout for problems that are year specific.

Thanks
Paul

Quick Reply: ECM FAILURES 2004 CUMMINS