Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

04.5 5.9 cummins 2.4 valve 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 04:48 PM
cumminsowner45
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 04.5 5.9 cummins 2.4 valve 4x4

Hey y'all. I'm final a cummins owner always been a big fan just never had the money to afford it. Bought it with 138000, everything stock on it. Only problem is the 4 speed automatic transmission, a little slope downshifting from 2nd to 1st I think. But I knew those transmission built up anyways. I know the basics to most truck but want to learn a lot more. The only mods I'm really interested is increasing mpg and engine life. Not really looking for tons of power. If you guys have any pointers or brands or good deals. With some mods I'm looking for (cold air intake, tuners for mpg/shifting points, exhaust, ect.) I'd appreciate it. I know how to work on the basic of a truck but I don't think I could do much ripping it apart. Right now anyways. So if its something more advanced ill need a little more explaining.

Thanks a lot

Old 10-31-2012, 11:35 AM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

airdog is good for engine life, so is running ashless 2-cycle oil for lubrication to the injection pump and injectors. 128:1 ratio.

smarty on low levels will help economy, overfilling the transmission by a quart helps transmission life. gauges also never hurt.

Old 11-01-2012, 11:00 AM
cumminsowner45

Thanks. I appricate the info ill look more into the I've read about the two stroke mixer before but I still don't know how I feel about it yet I might try it a couple times c how it work. Ill look into I just order a leveling kit and exhaust. Hopefully have them all up by next weekend

Old 11-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

airdog fuel system will provide better fuel pressure to your injection pump, removes air from the fuel, and has a water separator and 2 micron fuel filter. filters better than the stock filter/separator does. some people have cracked injectors from dirt making it through their stock filter which wouldn't have happened with an airdog or fass filter unit.

the 2 cycle oil will slightly improve your fuel economy as well as keep your cp3 pump and injectors lubricated. ULSD is very stripped of its lubrication properties compared to LSD (the fuel not the drug). though tests have shown that 2% or higher soy based bio diesel (like soypower B5) has excellent lubricity and does not need additives like the 100% petro diesel does which has horrible lubricity ratings.

Old 11-02-2012, 09:38 AM
cumminsowner45

Thanks you! That very helpfull.

Quick Reply: 04.5 5.9 cummins 2.4 valve 4x4