Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Factory Remote Start And Alarm Options?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 11:25 PM
bisonboy02
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Remote Start And Alarm Options?

I have a 2012 Ram 3500 Longhorn with factory remote start. I am wanting to install a alarm as there has been many vehicles being broken into in my area.

Are there any companies that offer a alarm that uses the stock key fob? Say when I lock the dorr the alarm will set? I don't want to carry around a second fob.

Also is there any way to extend the range on the factory remote start?

And info or help would be great
Thanks

Old 12-10-2012, 11:30 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by bisonboy02
I have a 2012 Ram 3500 Longhorn with factory remote start. I am wanting to install a alarm as there has been many vehicles being broken into in my area.

Are there any companies that offer a alarm that uses the stock key fob? Say when I lock the dorr the alarm will set? I don't want to carry around a second fob.

Also is there any way to extend the range on the factory remote start?

And info or help would be great
Thanks

Bison,

What kind of additional security are you looking for that the factory alarm does not supply? If you get an aftermarket system be sure that whoever is going to wire it knows what they are doing would be my biggest suggestion.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:02 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The benefits to a aftermarket system would be shock sensor,glass break sensor. Also having a 2 way remote that would alert you when your alarm was going off up to a mile away. The thing is you couldnt use you factory remote.

Quick Reply: Factory Remote Start And Alarm Options?