Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Updated Question. It Never Ends!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 11:21 PM
meirowitz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Updated Question. It Never Ends!

Well I am back again People, and need advice on two trucks that I saw:

1. 1999 Cummins 5.9L w/Banks Power Pack system, duallie, auto 3.55 rear, 4x4, 174,000, and asking $14,950 on Ebay. From the photos, the truck looks nice and clean as well as the engine. One thought did cross my mind and that was the transmission. Any problems during that year and something I should know with all that mileage. What mpgs should I expect with this truck. This truck was from Florida and is selling in upstate New York.

2. The second truck is a 2001 2500 Cummins, 5.9, manual 5 spd. with 89903 miles, 3.55 rear. Asking price is $18,880. This truck is also lifted and is being sold down in Texas, again an Ebay sale. What gas mileage should I expect from this size truck. It looks pretty clean, and the mileage is half that of the '99 and only $4000 more. Am I thinking correctly, or is there something I am missing that I should know about this vehicle or both? All help would be much appreciated.

Ted

Quick Reply: Updated Question. It Never Ends!