Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Please help me with my ram! Stuck in outback australia!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 05:28 PM
thetoyshop
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help me with my ram! Stuck in outback australia!!!

Hello members

I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT diesel auto, I owned the truck in the UK when I was living there and had no issues at all. I decided to move to Australia and bring the truck with me. On its arrival it got jump started at the wharf with 24v! the truck wouldn't start and the gauges in the cluster were not working, also the aircon relay constantly clicked in and out as soon as the ignition was on. I had a code reader read the ecu and the problem seemed to be the PCM was fried. I bought a used PCM from the same model year truck as well as the matching instrument cluster... On install of these parts, I noticed that the gauges started working, the aircon stopped clicking and I could now hear the fuel pump working. The truck turns over but will not start...
I researched on this forum and the symptoms led me to believe the chipped key and SKIM system might be to blame... So I bought the key, barrel and SKIM from the same truck the PCM and cluster came from... On the strip down of my truck I noticed that I do not have the SKIM system fitted, but the loom and plug is there. I fitted the new key and SKIM, the truck turns over fine, all gauges work...the red flashing indicator on the dash is flashing all the time with ignition on, but seeing as my truck never had the SKIM, is this a problem? Should the truck start with a matching PCM or is it imperative to get it flashed to my truck first? Everything seems to be working, fuel, ignition but still it won't start...

Please help me obi wan kenobi, your my only hope!

Old 04-30-2013, 07:50 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

First thing I'd do is make whomever jumped it with 24v buy you a new truck.

For future reference:
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-r...s-section.html

Quick Reply: Please help me with my ram! Stuck in outback australia!!!