Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

fuel pump.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013 | 06:28 PM
rodnok
|
Rookie
Default fuel pump.

I have read a few posts on aftermarket fuel pumps. Fass and Air dog seem to be the preferred options. What pump would you diesel gurus recommend for my 98.5 24 valve. My lift pump was replaced by a dealer a couple years ago with an in tank pump which now seems to be failing. I want my truck to be reliable and right now it is not. Also suggestions on where to purchase pumps would be a big help as I live in a pretty rural area and will likely have to order online. In the meantime I will be "forced" to ride my Harley until the problem is fixed.

Thanks In Advance. R

Old 07-16-2013 | 08:15 PM
Jigabop
Champion

FASS150 with the dual filter setup...

and for draw straw since you have the intake pump canister already: get the vulcan DS-5 and get the extra fitting to hook your fass fuel return to the canister. It will prevent 1/4 tank issues when you do it that way.

Old 07-17-2013 | 07:32 PM
rodnok
|
Rookie

I still need to know where to find the pump and kit to install. the pump.

Old 07-18-2013 | 11:23 AM
Jigabop
Champion

cumminsperformanceparts.com should carry everything you need. talk to jamie and tell him you need a fass 150 platinum and a vulcan Draw Straw 5.

Quick Reply: fuel pump.