Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

wench

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 04:10 AM
Flent
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wench

I just purchased a new 2005 250 QC CTD 4X4. I am inerested in installing a wench into it. I was wondering how hard it would be to fi the power wagon front bumper on to fit the wench behind the bumper. Or is their any compaines that make a setup to hide the wench behind my front bumper????

Thank Guys
Charles

Old 10-03-2005, 10:04 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: wench

wont work. the front of the frame for the power wagon is different, plus the intercooler would be in the way.

the only way to get it to work would be to put on an aftermarket bumper that is designed to fit a winch.

Old 10-03-2005, 11:21 AM
Flent
Rookie

I had a feeling the intercooler would be a problem. Where can I find a nice wench setup for the ram??

Thanks for the help btw

Old 10-03-2005, 11:29 AM
Mudinyeri

I don't know about a wench, but I'm looking into installing a bolt-on trailer hitch on the front my my 2005 QC so I can use my mobile winch. I'm not sure how the receiver lines up with the opening in the front of the fascia. Instructions for most hitches made for the front of the Ram indicate that you will need to do some "trimming" to have access to the receiver. I'm trying to find out exactly how much trimming is necessary.

Quick Reply: wench