Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Fuel gauge Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014 | 08:12 AM
timberwolf400
|
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Retrofit of fuel level gauge, 93 diesel

I have a 1993 350 4x4 dually Cummings 4 sp auto. All the gauges started reading off scale high recently. I decided to replace all the gauges with SunPro after market units because I wanted to add gauges for transmission temp and pressure, exhaust gas temp, and some others. I also want a tach. Is it possibe to run the aftermarket SunPro fuel gauge off the stock sending unit or is a retrofit with their sending in the tank the only option? If anyone knows anything tricky about retrofitting the other stock gauges ir adding the new ones to upgrade engine and transmission monitoring please inform me. I like this first generation diesel and plan to upgrade it along with a cosmetic rebuild and hang onto it for towing and hauling. The engine and drivelines with the exception of the automatic transmission seem bullet proof (I'll bite it on the auto service life. I was warned about it prior to purchase but I got 120k outta it anyway.) Thanks....

Last edited by timberwolf400; 03-24-2014 at 08:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Fuel gauge Retrofit