Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Belt Tensioner

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005 | 12:17 PM
mardela
|
Rookie
Default Belt Tensioner

Just had my belt tensioner replaced @ 3400 miles. Dealer said this might get recalled. Just wanted to give a heads up. Mine was bad from the get go, just didn't realize it until it jumped a notch. If your truck shuts of hard, get yours checked out.

Drew, do you think its possible to put a quick link at the top of some FAQ, or general things that everyone should know, like you fuel addative recommendations and other fuel/performance mods?

Love my CTD!

Old 10-25-2005 | 01:54 PM
Drew
Professional
Default RE: Belt Tensioner

since I am not a moderator I cannot do that however one can head over to the search function and find what they need.

but this is a good heads up and I'll check mine out since I havent been under the hood in a while

Old 10-26-2005 | 04:52 AM
Flent
Rookie

When I shut my truck down it shakes like crazy and I get a squelch sound 75% of the time..

Yu guys think I should bring this up to the dealer??

Thanks

Charles

Old 10-26-2005 | 10:30 AM
Drew
Professional

the squeek and shake is just all that power comeing to a stop

j/k but it's nothing. the engine runs off of so much compression that it can stop quicker then the accessories can. so that squeek you hear is just the acessories still spinning a little. no harm, but you can get a Gatorback belt and that has had good sucess in stopping the squeek.

I have the 6spd so I dont get the squeeks since I have a heavy flywheel to keep the engine rotating just a little bit more. oh, and I shake like a wet dog on shutdown as well[8D]

Old 10-26-2005 | 07:13 PM
mardela
|
Rookie

Mine use to squeek and buck like crazy. After the belt tensioner replacement it went away. My wife works for a diesel truck repair place and she told me a partial recall was coming for certain vin #s. This is a controlled part and will likely have to be ordered by the dealer.

Quick Reply: Belt Tensioner