Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Are your guys MPG for real?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 09:13 PM
NJ Diesel
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Are your guys MPG for real?

I agree with Drew, I just put a MBRP 4" S/S system on my 99 24v, scrapped the resonator, added Drew's mix of 16 ozs of diesel conditioner & 8 ozs of MMO for each tank, and she really breathes now. Alot more torque and throttle response through all RPM's. The rest of the truck is stock. Mine has always been a noisy Cummins up front, but now the exhaust really has that "diesel" tone.

Old 03-01-2006, 05:03 PM
RamViper

do you realize how long it takes for diesels to get broken in

Old 03-02-2006, 01:50 AM
bekim
Professional

Believe!
Mike
ORIGINAL: xringarchery

I can tell you that i'm in new jersey and i just purchased a new 2005 2500 quad long bed with 4 speed auto tranny and 4.10 gears and i clocked my 1st full tank full and i got exactly 15.3 mpg without towing anything. that number came off of the over head console.

so me being a non believer i also ran the numbers with a calculator the tank size is 37 gallons and i tried to go as long as i braved before i filled up again and the total trip odometer was 538 miles. so if i take into account maybe i could have gone another 20-30 miles without having to call someone from the side of the road and maybe on the first fillup there could have been a few more ounces squeezed into the tank i could safely say that 14.5 to 15.5 mpg is fairly accurate for my truck.

i was also told that after the truck breaks in i should see that number go up by as much as 2 to 4 mpg? i don't know that i believe that but i also won't know for while. we'll see at that point.

hope this helps,

mark

Quick Reply: Are your guys MPG for real?