Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Drive Train

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 12:29 PM
JJohnson17
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drive Train

Hello i have a 2007 dodge ram 3500 with a 5.9 cummins motor. lately it has been making a random vibration/clunking noise while driving down the road. doesn't do it very much at highway speeds (60-65mph) mostly at lower speeds and you can kind of feel it when you drive down a bumpy road. it doesn't make the noise all the time and when it does it's only for a couple seconds then it goes away. ive had the transmission and torque converter replaced and it was doing this before i had them replaced. seems like it's slowly getting worse. checked all the u joints and they seem to be tight. checked front hubs and they don't make a noise and they are tight. i did notice yesterday changing brakes that the front slip yoke has a tad bit of play up/down and side to side. like i said it doesn't make the noise all the time and i can't find a way to get it to mimic the noise. any help would be great. thanks

Quick Reply: Drive Train