Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Highly Sensative Throttle

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 07:50 PM
keltoncadair@hotmail.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Highly Sensative Throttle

I have a 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins with a rebuilt transmission, newer injectors, and an Edge programmer. I have had electrical problems/grounding issues in the past that I thought I had resolved them... My current issue is still an electrical issue.
When I start my pickup it will idle normal but when I touch the pedal the motor will run as if it were at "full throttle". As soon as I take my foot off the pedal the motor will idle normal. If I turn off the pickup and start it again it will respond normal (several times to turn it on and off before it performs normal). After starting my electrical gauge in my dash will decrease to the far left and the "check gauges" light will come on briefly then the gauge will go back to normal. The DTC's that show up are P0222 (TPS 2 Circuit Low), P1693 (Fault in Companion Module), and P1694 (No Engine Bus Messages). In the past, my emergency brake and abs brake light have always been on and the P0222 code has always been displayed, even after I replaced the TPS. The check engine light came on and the other DTC's came on after this problem with the "sensative throttle".

Does anyone know what could be causing these electrical issues? Where do I start other than checking every connection???

Old 09-27-2018, 09:02 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,300 Likes on 3,046 Posts

I'd be looking at the 'companion module'.....

Old 09-27-2018, 10:28 AM
keltoncadair@hotmail.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your reply! When it says companion module is it referring to my tuner? If so than that is not the problem because it does the same thing when my Edge tuner is disconnected...
Do you know what else may be the problem?

Old 09-28-2018, 07:35 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,300 Likes on 3,046 Posts

I think it's yet another module on the engine. Diesel really isn't my strong suit though.

Quick Reply: Highly Sensative Throttle