Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Oil pan removal

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2018, 10:54 AM
Larrkem2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil pan removal

Merry Christmas folks,
Santa came an left a whole bunch of goodies. Fass fuel system, guage pod, bullet proof ttransmission, clutch system, fuel injectors n tubes, rear end rebuild kit, a whole bunch of gasket sets,runnin boards and a leveling kit. Now the fun starts. My question is, can the oil pan be removed without jacking the motor up if the transmission is out of the vehicle on a 99 2500 cummins? Any thoughts/tips on installing the other stuff would be appreciated also. Thanks

Old 12-25-2018, 10:57 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

With the trans out, sure makes life easier. (I assume the bellhousing and such are out as well?) You may need to loosen one of the motor mounts, and jack the engine up a bit for clearance, but, aside from that, yeah, you should be able to get it out.

Old 12-25-2018, 11:29 AM
Larrkem2
Default Oil pan removal

thanks for the info. Yes bell housing n fly wheel are gonna be off. Basically I'm doing almost everything but pullin the motor. Installing thw previously mentioned parts plus gear cover gaskets and rear main seals. I can deal with jackin the motor up a little, but 6 or 7 inches would put me doin it on the ground i.e. using a hoist. I'd rather be doinin it on the lift like I planned.

Old 12-25-2018, 11:34 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

What? You have objections to laying on cold concrete, and working above your head, so every little bit of junk accumulated over the last 15 years can fall in your face?????? What's WRONG with you?

Welcome to DF!

Old 12-25-2018, 04:05 PM
Larrkem2
Default Oil pan removal

Originally Posted by HeyYou
What? You have objections to laying on cold concrete, and working above your head, so every little bit of junk accumulated over the last 15 years can fall in your face?????? What's WRONG with you?

Welcome to DF!
It's not the cold concrete or stuff fallen in my eyes. Gettin down aint a problem either. Its the gettin back up that sucks. lol

Old 12-25-2018, 04:45 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by Larrkem2
It's not the cold concrete or stuff fallen in my eyes. Gettin down aint a problem either. Its the gettin back up that sucks. lol
Yeah, I have that problem as well. I can do it a couple times, but, after that..... Break time.

Quick Reply: Oil pan removal