Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

2004 2500 parking light/tail lights in operable.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 08:15 PM
allen.zurenko
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 2500 parking light/tail lights in operable.

My parking lights/ taillights stopped working. Yes, I have checked and tested all fuses and relays. I am not getting power to the mini fuses that pertain to my tail lights/parking lights, fuses 31-34 i I remember correctly. I was doing some reading and I am going to try cleaning the fuse box first before I go the more expensive route and possibly having to replace the FCM/Fusebox. My question is has anyone tried this? Anything I need to look out for?

Old 04-08-2019, 07:56 AM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

the battery feeds fuse 15 50amps....this feeds the park lamp relay...that feeds the fuses 32, 33, 34

the park lamp relay is controlled by the front control module...supplies grd to the relay to turn it on. check to see if the relay is clicking when the lights are turned on. if not....provide the grd for the control side of the relay...if the lights turn on...you know the wiring is good for the light output side...the fcm or the wiring to the fcm is open.

Old 04-08-2019, 09:25 AM
allen.zurenko

Originally Posted by primem
the battery feeds fuse 15 50amps....this feeds the park lamp relay...that feeds the fuses 32, 33, 34

the park lamp relay is controlled by the front control module...supplies grd to the relay to turn it on. check to see if the relay is clicking when the lights are turned on. if not....provide the grd for the control side of the relay...if the lights turn on...you know the wiring is good for the light output side...the fcm or the wiring to the fcm is open.
The relay is good. Checked it twice. I am not getting any power to fuses 32-34.

Last edited by allen.zurenko; 04-08-2019 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-08-2019, 01:04 PM
allen.zurenko

32-34

Old 04-08-2019, 01:07 PM
allen.zurenko

ill try the ground option you spoke of after I get everything put back together.

Old 04-11-2019, 03:16 PM
allen.zurenko

Did the grounding option you talked about. No lights front or rear. But the relay did click and I got power to fuses 32-34 finally.

Old 04-11-2019, 10:06 PM
primem
Record Breaker

does the relay work when you turn the park lamp switch on? if yes, the control side of the circuit works.
to test the output side you need to energize the relay and check for power and grd at each bulb connector.

fuse 34 powers the license plate lights, front and rear left park/turn bulbs
fuse 33 does the trailer park lights
fuse 32 does front and rear right park/turn bulbs

Old 04-12-2019, 02:44 PM
allen.zurenko

does the relay work when you turn the park lamp switch on? if yes, the control side of the circuit works.
to test the output side you need to energize the relay and check for power and grd at each bulb connector.

fuse 34 powers the license plate lights, front and rear left park/turn bulbs
fuse 33 does the trailer park lights
fuse 32 does front and rear right park/turn
bulbs

It does not. Everything I am seeing leads me to believe it is my FCM

Old 04-13-2019, 10:52 AM
primem
Record Breaker

if the relay isn't being grounded by the fcm...there is a wiring issue or the fcm is bad. check for grd on that wire at the relay and at the fcm. if no grd at the fcm...I would lean to a bad fcm.
A scan tool would be handy also...you could command the relay on and see if the fcm data changes.

unless i'm missing something..... when you power the relay and the fuses have power...the lights should work

Quick Reply: 2004 2500 parking light/tail lights in operable.