Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Don't Understand Differences Betwn Diesels

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 03:47 PM
forester
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Don't Understand Differences Between Diesels

wow,, too old I guess,, cummins big (and little) cam 855's, L10's IHC 9.liter and 555 triple nickle , jimmy's 318, 6/8-71, 6/8-53, 6/8-92 , cat 3306 3308 a few Mack's, I remember one 8cyl Mack (was brutal) mostly big rigs used 6's though and assortment of transmissions on the farm side,,,, Allis Chalmers,, Budda , Cockshut, Diesel were the first in my area, later though you're right consolidated was put into everything,, I think this is just a Cummins engine but differing injector pumps depended on who's machine it was in.

Old 12-21-2005, 02:23 AM
MattinRaleigh
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Don't Understand Differences Betwn Diesels

I recently traded my 02 Chevy 2500 quad cab with a duramax in on a 06 Dodge 2500 with a CTD. The Chevy is the smoothest riding truck on long trips out there. Mine was the LT with all the bells and whistles and I could drive for 8-12 hour stints with minimal driver fatique. The Allison transmission was very impressive especially while towing under load in the hills and mountains. The tow modewas awesome as the engine took the load going downhill so that the brakes did not even have to be engaged.

My father has an 05 F250 with the 6.0 diesel. I think these are by far the best looking truck, however the ride is very truck like and the engine is much louder than the new Dodge diesel and the Duramax.

I had never considered dodge until two weeks ago and was very impressed with the fit and finish along with quietness of the cummins. Power is good and the ride is between the Chevy and the Ford. I think the Michelin LTX tires really help with a quiet smooth highway ride.

Quick Reply: Don't Understand Differences Betwn Diesels