Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Dash says blinkers are out - They arn't

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 11:41 AM
Minsupa
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash says blinkers are out - They arn't

2016 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 6.7 Cummins Automatic
Back right side of truck got hit and broke the tail light. Instead of buying the $350 ea tail lights to replace it I got two $50 ea incandescent bulb tail lights (Because Im Cheap). The old tail light had 4 wires that went to the Brake/Blinker lights (Red, Black, Green, Yellow). When I set up the incandescent Bulb Tail lights though it only had three prongs everything works with just the Yellow, Green, Black (Brake Light, Blinker, Night Light) Red Wire didn't do anything when plugged into anything (I assume because the old ones were LED) Is the Dash throwing warnings that the Blinkers are out because it doesn't see any resistance on the red wire? The Red wire is out of frame on the picture.

Old 04-20-2021, 06:34 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,197 Likes on 2,949 Posts

Yeah, that would be a safe bet. It's probably a 'sense' wire, that looks to see if current is passing thru the bulbs.

Try going here, looking up what the wires are supposed to do. (I am reasonably sure the site is safe. An adblocker being active wouldn't be a bad idea though. )

Old 04-22-2021, 01:41 AM
antichiter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Yeah, that would be a safe bet. It's probably a 'sense' wire, that looks to see if current is passing thru the bulbs.

Try going here, looking up what the wires are supposed to do. (I am reasonably sure the site is safe. An adblocker being active wouldn't be a bad idea though. )
Hi, this is my site. And he is safe. Thanks for posting the link, because people don't believe me, they think it's a virus or spam.
Project free, but hosting for site cost 300$ in year. In Russia, this is very big money. Therefore there are a lot of ads on the site.

Maybe I'll make an ad-free login, but for example for $ 1 a month.

Quick Reply: Dash says blinkers are out - They arn't