Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

2007 2500 QCLB Project

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2021, 08:57 AM
VTailBo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 2500 QCLB Project

Hello all. After months of searching, I finally found the truck I wanted, or so I thought.... Pre-emissions (2007) diesel (6.7), 4 door long bed, with a manual transmission. The only problem is, the dealer was less than honest about the shape of the vehicle, and I figured with all the 5 start reviews on eBay, it would be a safe purchase. I was wrong. Anyhow, so now I have somewhat of a project on my hands. The front driveshaft, at some point, failed and just beat the crap out of everything underneath. Put a hole in the transmission, destroyed the wiring harnesses, and ripped a 10" hole on the floor in front of the drivers seat that the dealer was able to hide in the pictures. SO, the main issue I would like to tackle first is the wiring harness. Some fly by night electrician spliced the harness back together, with non weatherproof splices nonetheless. Most of the time, the truck runs good, but there is definitely an issue with that harness. Out of nowhere, it'll start dinging at me, all the gauges will flash, and sometimes the engine will just shut off. I said all of that to mainly ask if anyone has a lead on a wiring harness that'll fit my truck? I have found several wiring harnesses that came off a short bed, but one would think that there are different lengths for the long bed vs short bed.
The next issue is getting the 4WD back into working shape. The TC definitely needs a rebuild, as it makes some noises that aren't normal. At the very least, that chain is stretched out inside that thing. Even after replacing the electronic shift motor, I can't get this thing to actuate. I just don't think power is getting to that motor to actuate the TC. In order to alleviate any further issues, I was thinking about just swapping out the electronic TC for a manual. Has anyone had experience with that?
Thanks in advance

Old 06-06-2021, 09:07 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,359 Likes on 3,101 Posts

For the underhood harness, shouldn't be any difference by bed length. Should be able to use that donor harness. Think I would swap that out first, and then see what problems are left.

Quick Reply: 2007 2500 QCLB Project